Friday, April 5, 2013

A map table to show us the way

On Pinterest I saw this very cute side table that had a map glued to the top of it. The Pin guided me over to Primitive & Proper's blog post tutorial. Seeing I still had many maps left over, I thought I would give it ago. 



So the key ingredients needed were

1 Table
Mod Podge ($20.00 - Riot & Art)
Brushes of some kind
1 Map
Scissors
Cloth to wipe table




After cleaning the table, I brushed Mod Podge all over the table, then placed the map on top of the table. Smoothed it out as much as I could.  


Next I cut around the table, but left 2 cm of map hanging over the edge. Then proceeded to cut the paper so it would be easy to glue, fold and tuck under the table. 

Next step was to paste another layer of Mod Podge on the map to give it some protection.  It took less than 15 minutes to dry seeing I was doing project outside. Then some more layers of the Mod Podge for extract protection. 



All done! An old table made lovely and interesting again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment