Monday, October 8, 2012

Blogtoberfest Day 8 - Call the Midwife

The 1st season of the BBC series, 'Call the Midwife' just recently finished here in Australia (Call the Midwife is set in 1950s in East London and based on the memoirs of Jennifer Worth). I remember the ABC heavily promoting it, 'as the TV show that out rated Downton Abbey'. I thought to myself, what possible show could be more popular that Downton?  It would have to be good.  Well I gave it ago and just fell in love with all aspects of the show and it was even more of a bonus that actress/comedian Miranda Hart was in it.

 

 So I share with you a little 1950s / Call the Midwife love. 


 1: Herringbone Tweed Promenade Coat
 2: Retro 1950s Style Telephone  3: Call the Midwife Book
 4: Floral cotton print collared shirtwaister dress 1940s - 1950s 5: Small Botanical Cake Stand 
 6: Hire a Vintage Bike



2 comments:

  1. I loved this series too, I am a bit sad that it has ended. Thanks for sharing the midwife love: great dress!

    Visiting for the first time from Blogtberfest:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Monkeemoomoo for your comment. I love comments. You will be happy to know that there is a Call the Midwife Christmas special and there will be a Second Season next year.

    ReplyDelete