Thursday, June 21, 2012

It's time to crochet!

Not only do I like to design, I also like to crochet.  So it's that time of the year to crochet another rug.  This time for my mum. 

Mum wanted similar colours to the rug I crocheted back in 2010.  OMG I remember that bed spread, it took me forever.  Thankfully, mum just wanted a rug to put over her knees.

I have been using a cool crochet book 200 Crochet Blocks by Jan Eaton. The hardest part was deciding which blocks to crochet.


I tried block number 29 - Bobble Stripes, but I felt the bobble's were more annoying.  The final blocks that mum and I decided on were: -

Block 8 - Popcorn Flower
Block 30 Shell Lace
Block 80 Blocks & Shells.

So I have nearly finished.  Once sewn together I will be completing the border, will post on that later.


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! What a great idea, making different blocks in a limited colour palette. Very sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I cant wait to start on the next project! LOL

      Delete